Meet the Team
• John Voon is an accomplished explorer with 31 years’ experience in the Upstream oil and gas industry of which 26 years are with Shell in various managerial and technical roles including Asia-Pacific New Venture Manager, Area Exploration Manager, Global Technology consultant and Deepwater Exploration Manager. John was pioneer in deepwater exploration success in Sabah, Malaysia. He has proven track record of delivery in exploration, business development and M&A. John possesses strong networking among NOCs in Asia. He has a MS degree in Petroleum Geology from Curtin University, Australia.
In addition to the founding members, VGS and Associates has a large team of technical, economic and commercial specialist (the “associates”) that are available as per project requirements.
• Frank GLASS is an experienced exploration Geoscientist, who has filled several different subsurface evaluation roles in hydrocarbon exploration and development teams during his 27 year career with Shell International. He worked at various locations, including the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Australia, the United States and recently in Malaysia. He is considered a technical expert in the field of risk and volumetric assessments of exploration prospects, oil and gas prospect generation and evaluation, play-based exploration methods, geophysical data integration and advanced seismic interpretation methods. He has been a long time member of the PESGB, PESA, AAPG EAEG and SEAPEX and holds a masters degree in Structural Geology from the University of Amsterdam.
• Herman DARMAN, an exploration geoscientist with 24 years of experience and 20 of those years he spent with Shell in several locations such as Indonesia, Brunei, Malaysia and the Netherlands. In his early career Herman worked as a field geologist and in the last few years he worked as principal geocientist to lead many regional studies to identify and screen exploration opportunities in Southeast and Central Asia. He provides training on Play Based Exploration, core evaluation, petroleum geology of Southeast Asia and also lead field trips in the region. Holding a MS degree in Petroleum Geology, Herman is also a certified petroleum geologist of AAPG, a life member of GSM, a co-founder of FOSI and a member of IPA and IAGI.
• TG Tan (Principle Surface Engineer) was most recently Development Manager responsible for Shell's interest in the Greater Gorgon and Wheatstone assets, including the Foundation projects as well as future field developments TG has 30 years experience in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, including 26 years with Shell, covering subsurface and surface field and area development, project execution, operating venture governance and cost engineering on some of the largest and most complex gas projects in the world, e g Gorgon and North West Shelf TG has an Honours degree in Engineering from Cambridge University and has worked in Malaysia, Singapore and Australia.
• Mike LENNANE is petroleum explorationist with 25 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry including specialist skills in seismic interpretation having evaluated major petrolific basins in SE Asia, Australasia and Southern Asia. Undertaken roles from small operating companies through to large multinationals. Excellent understanding of the complete G&G processes from business development, new ventures, regional PBE evaluations, exploration, and appraisal to development. Passionate lead geoscientist with excellent ability to build trust, communicate, listen and present to inspire technical excellence. Proven ability to complete evaluations on time, on budget and achieving goals.
• Tomas VAN HOEK has held a variety of technical subsurface and team lead roles during his 16-year career with Shell International and Roc Oil while on postings in the Netherlands, Malaysia, and China. During this time, he worked on the revitalization of the Shell Malaysia portfolio (resulting in a number of significant discoveries), conducted a large number of high-impact subsurface studies across the Shell global portfolio and developed new seismic interpretation technology (invented 3 patented, novel seismic attributes). Roles included technical lead for Shell Malaysia deep water, senior geoscientist, and research geologist. In his most recent position as technical team lead for Roc Oil, Tomas was instrumental in the signing of two new PSC’s, successful acreage divestment and execution of a substantial exploration program. Tomas is a recognized technical expert in the fields of seismic interpretation, prospect evaluation, prospect risking & volumetric assessment and petroleum systems analysis. He was co-founder and instructor of the Shell Advanced Petroleum Systems Analysis field course. Tomas earned his Masters degree in Geology from the University of Amsterdam.
• Paul PILLAI (Principle Petrophysicist) has more than 28 years experience in the oil and gas industry, working with Shell, Chevron and Weatherford in Malaysia, UK and Australia In those years, he played significant roles in Project Management, Data Management, Capability Management, Technology Deployment, Information Systems Management, New Business Development, Strategy and Business planning, Project Economics and Exploration Operations Petrophysics He has led Field Development Teams and successfully unlocked potential static volumes in the North Sea (where he had also the roles as Project Economist and Petrophysicist and implemented oil production enhancement projects offshore Borneo He has also led a Business Planning team in Shell as well as Petrophysics teams in both Shell and Chevron He has written technical papers and been awarded SPWLA's Distinguished Speaker award He has also been active on SPE's technical committee Paul has an honours degree in Computer Science from University of Sciences Malaysia, an MBA from Heriot Watt University and currently working towards a MSc in Petroleum Engineering from Heriot Watt University.
• Vicky YAWAPONGSIRI has 18 years of experience in oil and gas industry with a focus economic valuation, fiscal regime, oil and gas development plan, gas commercialization option, new country entry, business development, contract negotiations and due diligence. She joined ConocoPhillips in Houston in 1999 and relocated with the company to Indonesia, Australia and Singapore. She is currently working as a consultant at Twinza Oil. She has worked on various oil and gas upstream and midstream projects in Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, East Timor, Australia and Thailand.Vicky has an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University and a Bachelor in Industrial Engineering from Chulalongkorn University. She is also a Chartered Financial Analyst charterholder.